There are so many ways to make a gift to HASA. Choose whichever way is easiest – and most meaningful – to you.
We believe in a society where everyone can understand and be understood. Your gift to HASA supports core programs in education, hearing health, inclusion, language access, and speech-language throughout the lifespan.
What can your gift do?
- $15 allows us to provide 100 people with educational materials regarding living a hearing healthy lifestyle.
- $20 buys five books for our school library- supporting literacy development for our students with autism.
- $30 supports a speech session for a child who stutters.
- $75 provides music therapy to a student with autism.
- $150 provides a sign language interpreter at a community event- promoting language access for the Deaf community.
- $500 provides a hearing aid to an adult with hearing loss- potentially slowing the progression of cognitive decline and multiple other health outcomes.
- $1,500 pays our gas bill for the month- keeping us all warm and toasty.
- $5K pays HASA’s electric bill for a month, allowing students and staff to have up-to-date technology to support communication access and equity.
- $75K provides a student with autism the ability to attend our highly individualized special education school.
Maryland Charity Campaign #52-0591577
United Way #051
Hearing aid donations are one of the most common gifts-in-kind that we receive and can be utilized in a variety of ways. Some are used as loaners for temporary assistance and some are able to be refurbished for direct use. Those in need of extensive repairs are sent to an exchange program that enables HASA to obtain upgraded equipment. In any way they are used, a donation of old or new hearing aids directly helps our clients and are tax-deductible as a donation.
Gifts to HASA can be doubled or even tripled through matching gift programs. This may be true if either you or your spouse are employed by, serve on a board for, or are retired from one of these organizations. Matching gift forms are usually available online or from the participating company’s personnel office.
A Lifetime Gift | Gifts Through Your Will
Did you know that you can direct a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime that will both support your charitable interests and will also benefit programs and services for individuals with communication difficulties?
One of the easiest ways to make a lifetime gift is by a bequest through your will. The only requirement is a written statement from you or your attorney to include HASA in your will when it is drafted or revised. You can designate a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a portion of the residual of your estate, whichever is best for your circumstances. You can also bequeath specific assets to HASA (stock, real estate, tangible property). If you do choose to include HASA in your estate plans, please inform your attorney that our full, legal name is The Hearing and Speech Agency of Metropolitan Baltimore, Inc.
- It is important to leave clear instructions. Contact us for specific language to designate HASA as the recipient of gifts through your will or trust.
- For retirement assets, simply name The Hearing and Speech Agency of Metropolitan Baltimore, Inc. as beneficiary.
- We welcome the opportunity to thank you for your generosity; please share your plans with us by contacting Erin K. Stauder, Executive Director, via email or by calling 410-318-6780.
- For more information for you or to aid your attorney in developing a bequest that suits your charitable goals, contact Ilana Glazer, External Relations Director, by calling 410-318-6780.