There are so many ways to make a gift to HASA. Choose whichever way is easiest – and most meaningful – to you
What can your gift do?
- keep our school doors open for our special needs children and their families
- deliver speech therapy to students in Baltimore City and beyond who require support to meet their emotional and academic goals
- deliver hearing healthcare to our most vulnerable seniors living in Baltimore
- provide sign language interpreting services for both face to face and virtual medical appointments
Maryland Charity Campaign #52-0591577
United Way #051
When shopping on Amazon for gifts this holiday season, choose @AmazonSmile and select #HASA to donate a percentage of your purchases to HASA. It's simple to give back!
Hearing aid donations are one of the most common gifts-in-kind that we receive and can be utilized in a variety of ways. Some are used as loaners for temporary assistance and some are able to be refurbished for direct use. Those in need of extensive repairs are sent to an exchange program that enables HASA to obtain upgraded equipment. In any way they are used, a donation of old or new hearing aids directly helps our clients and are tax-deductible as a donation.
Gifts to HASA can be doubled or even tripled through matching gift programs. This may be true if either you or your spouse are employed by, serve on a board for, or are retired from one of these organizations. Matching gift forms are usually available online or from the participating company’s personnel office.
A Lifetime Gift | Gifts Through Your Will
Did you know that you can direct a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime that will both support your charitable interests and will also benefit programs and services for individuals with communication difficulties?
One of the easiest ways to make a lifetime gift is by a bequest through your will. The only requirement is a written statement from you or your attorney to include HASA in your will when it is drafted or revised. You can designate a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a portion of the residual of your estate, whichever is best for your circumstances. You can also bequeath specific assets to HASA (stock, real estate, tangible property). If you do choose to include HASA in your estate plans, please inform your attorney that our full, legal name is The Hearing and Speech Agency of Metropolitan Baltimore, Inc.
- It is important to leave clear instructions. Contact us for specific language to designate HASA as the recipient of gifts through your will or trust.
- For retirement assets, simply name The Hearing and Speech Agency of Metropolitan Baltimore, Inc. as beneficiary.
- We welcome the opportunity to thank you for your generosity; please share your plans with us by contacting Erin K. Stauder, Executive Director, via email or by calling 410-318-6780.
- For more information for you or to aid your attorney in developing a bequest that suits your charitable goals, contact Ilana Glazer, External Relations Director, by calling 410-318-6780.